BLESS YOUR HOUSE/HOME/FAMILY THIS EASTER
You will need
Easter Water from church
A prayerful heart
Friends and Family
A quiet thoughtful time
These few prayers
This what you do:
1. Start with a little DREAM TIME – (10 minutes shared thoughts) Remember or imagine the people who have lived there before you. Ask a blessing for them too. Become aware of what this blessing means to you, what you hope it will bring you and what it asks or you. Remember that you are part of the church, Christ’s Body on earth and that the whole church joins in asking this blessing for you.
2. If you have a favourite picture or icon, put it in place now.
3. Reading from Scripture: If you have a favourite appropriate piece, please use it. Or you could use this.
A reading from the letter to the Ephesians 4:1.6
“I, the prisoner in the Lord, implore you to lead a lie worthy of your vocation. Bear with one another charitably, in complete selflessness, gentleness and patience. Do all you can to preserve the unity of the spirit by the peace that binds you together. There is one Body one Spirit, just as you were all called into one and the same hope when you were called. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God who is Father of all, over all, through all and within all. This is the word of the Lord.
4. Quiet time for reflection and possible sharing of thoughts.
5. PRAYER: “ Lord be close to you servants who have moved into this new home and ask your blessing. Be their shelter when they are at home. Their companion when they are away, and their welcome guest when they return. Show them that you already live in their hearts and that you know them, better than they know themselves. And at the end lead them to your eternal dwelling place with the Father, where you live and reign forever and ever Amen.
6. Other favourite prayers may be added before this final blessing.
7. Lord of Easter, we use this water to invoke you powerful presence the house where we now make our home, upon all who live here and all who will come to visit us. May our lives in this place reflect your presence in the church.
Sprinkle Holy Water liberally about the house saying In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen